Monday 24 January 2011

inside the lair...

It has been a while, so I thought I would share elements of my most treasured asset, my Craft room. This is where I get to plonk all my crafty junk and get a bit of space to think and work. Hopefully also looking at what I have in there and putting it on "show" will encourage me to get a bit tidier and maybe even get rid of or use some of the stuff I keep for "just in case", like toilet roll tubes, and old debit cards!!!



I am blessed to have a house which, at the moment, has a spare room for me to use in this way. it is about 10x20 foot (ish), and has poor storage at the moment, a good reflection on the whole house.



The door stays SHUT. The children do not enter without me, so I can leave pins and sewing machines and books open all over the place safely. down side is I am the only one who cleans it, or remembers to close/open windows/adjust the radiator. The postcard on the door helps get me in the "mood" for creating, a favorite quote of mine, from Goethe.




If we open the door and take a peek inside(which is enough for most people), you see the array of bags of knitting projects ready to grab, recycling system(paper, yarn, fabric and rubbish), yarn stash in it's mothproof tupperwares and the Passap knitting machine, which I have yet to master. the window sill has become a shelf for bottles full of buttons, and tins of knitting needles, so when I approach the house from the street I can see my haven and smile!

Inside the room(which I DID NOT decorate, by the way) you are assulted by stacks of banana boxes of fabric, plastic tubs of fleece, worktable, rocking chair, sewing machines everywhere and just stuff, I am sorry to say. It just barely fits two people working in there, but then you can't get around at all!

So, there is an overview of what it is like in my Craft room. I hope to update on the specifics in greater detail, as it can be interesting to see what makes a difference to people in the way they craft.











1 comment:

  1. Wow! A whole room! Can I have one when I grow up please?!

    ReplyDelete