Monday 7 November 2011

beading workshops nov-jan

I have been running beading workshops for about 9 months, from my home in Thurmaston, on a monthly basis. So far I have mostly been facilitating the participants own inspiration, helping with and suggesting new techniques, and sorting things out when they have gone wrong! I am now getting the feeling that some more formal instruction would be beneficial to these sessions, in terms of being exposed to new techniques and project ideas.

These sessions are now evolving, and need booking in advance, so I can plan the topic, and invest in the materials. The timing has changed too, to eliminate the lunch break that was always rushed, and took away precious beading time!

The main reason I have set an age limit on this group is due to the level of input younger students need. I teach in a hands-on way, moving round the group and seeing how each student is doing, and helping them move on. I notice that I invariably spend more time with the younger ones, even with this age cap, so I wouldn't want to extend the range of this group.


Thursday, 10-1.
Each session costs £7.00

17/11-Baubles
15/12-Tassels
12/1-Brick stitch chains



Please email me for a booking form.
Additionally, I am looking to run another regular session in the south of the city, so if anyone wants to host it I would love to talk to you!

You can also book me to run any session I have done before, for the cost of £10/hour, plus materials and travelling costs.




TOPIC DESCRIPTIONS

Baubles
jazz up an ordinary-looking bauble into something astonishing using seed beads and bugles. Some good examples can be seen in Julie Ashfords book .

Tassels
using seed beads, sieves and donut beads, create tassels with festive charm, or just plain fun! Take a look in the book above, or just search Google for examples.

Brick stitch chains
A versatile and technique, Brick stitch is a rather different way of building up a beaded fabric, and can be put to many uses. We shall be making thin hoops, and linking them together, rather like a paper chain...

No comments:

Post a Comment